Barney Bears operates on a term time basis, Monday to Friday, from 8.40 a.m. to 11.40 a.m. for the morning session and 12.15 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. for the afternoon session.
In addition to this we run wrap around places to enable children to use the nursery full time.
In the mornings the Local Authority nursery has thirteen places and Barney Bears offers twenty-nine places, in the afternoon the LA nursery does not operate however Barney Bears can offer thirty-seven places. We have five highly qualified members of staff (details of which are provided under staffing).
Barney Bears operates from a large room that has recently undergone refurbishment specifically to enhance our fun and action packed nursery education. Our outside provision is second to none with a large covered area and extensive, secure playing fields and tracks for scooters and bikes. School dinners are provided for nursery children who attend full days. These are prepared by the School kitchen and are served in the main hall.
Aims of Barney Bears Nursery
To provide a consistently outstanding standard of care and education by:
- Providing a secure, happy and stimulating environment where children can develop as individuals at an appropriate pace.
- Encouraging each child to have a positive self-image, the ability to communicate confidently and to value and show respect for all others.
- Providing broad and balanced experiences with opportunities for children to explore, devise, experiment, and investigate through play.
- Building positive relationships with parents/carers so that we may support them in fostering the emotional, physical and social development of their children.
- Encouraging each staff member to develop continuously, both personally and professionally.