Barney Bears Nursery
6Barney Bears Nursery
The prime aim of Barney Bears Nursery is to provide consistently outstanding standards of care and education by providing a secure, happy and stimulating environment in which children can develop lively, inquisitive minds and to enlarge their imagination. We offer home visits to begin building positive relationships with parents/carers so that we may support them in being involved in their child's time with us.
We are a term time nursery within the school. We have two rooms, Little Bears (2 - 3 years olds) and Big Bears (3 - 4 year olds). Little Bears takes up to twelve (16) children at one time, with three (4) members of staff. Big Bears takes up to forty (40) children at one time, with five (5) members of staff. We have a fantastic outdoor space and also sheltered outdoor areas.
We have a dedicated team of highly qualified, experienced and caring staff who have been selected for their passion, enthusiasm and never ending commitment to the children. They are supported to develop continuously, both personally and professionally. A strong key worker system means that communication is excellent and parents can be reassured that their children are happy, as their emotional needs are met, their interests are nurtured and their individuality is embraced.
We are a 'free-flow' provision and the children can access the indoor and outdoor provision independently once our day has begun. The environment is resourced for the children to develop their independence and curiosity and provides plenty of opportunities for play, interaction and development, at their own apace and in their own space, simply because we want them to have the best possible start in life.
Aims of Barney Bears Nursery
To provide a consistently outstanding standard of care and education by:
- Providing a secure, happy and stimulating environment where children can develop as individuals at an appropriate pace.
- Encouraging each child to have a positive self-image, the ability to communicate confidently and to value and show respect for all others.
- Providing broad and balanced experiences with opportunities for children to explore, devise, experiment, and investigate through play.
- Building positive relationships with parents/carers so that we may support them in fostering the emotional, physical and social development of their children.
- Encouraging each staff member to develop continuously, both personally and professionally.