Hello everyone and welcome to the Year 1 page! We hope that you all had fantastic summers and have really enjoyed the first few weeks back. The children have settled in brilliantly and we have all enjoyed getting to know each other. Throughout the year we will keep this web page updated so please check it regularly for any changes.
- Words will be tested every Thursday and new words will be sent home on a Friday.
If your child has a spelling booklet then these words will be tested on a Monday. Please ensure these booklets are in your child’s book bag.
- Reading records will be checked and signed on a weekly basis. Please read as much as possible with your child at home and sign their diary so we can celebrate this with them.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday and will be due in the following week. Homework will be a maths activity and a handwriting sheet. On occasions we may send other activities home if we feel your child needs it.
- PE is on a Friday with Nicole or Mr Triggs. Please can all children bring a named PE kit and suitable footwear.
- Please can you also ensure that all items of clothing are labelled, as we are finding lots of jumpers, cardigans and ties without names on each day. Please do keep checking them as they do rub off when they have been washed.
Please don’t hesitate to come to speak to any of us at either the start of the day or at pick up. If you would like a longer conversation we can always book one in the diary. If you have put a message in your child’s red Learning Log then please ask your child to remember to hand it into us, as we do not check these books or book bags each day.
Thank you for your support.
Mrs Davies-Jones, Ms Taylor, Mrs Senior and Mrs Brindley