- The children will still have spellings to learn at home. Every Friday, a set of spellings will be stuck in the Learning Logs. There will be a pattern in the spellings which the children will have been introduced to during lessons in school. These will need to be practised at home as many times as possible during the week. They will then be tested on the following Friday. More importantly, the children will also be expected to use the spelling pattern accurately in their writing to demonstrate their understanding.
- Learning Logs will be signed once a week it’s been great to see all of the recorded reading that’s been done at home and have rewarded the children with house points. Keep up the good work!
- Homework will also be given out on Friday, usually it will be Maths and English, but we may assign some creative homework too. It will be due in the following Friday.
- PE lessons will now take place on Wednesdays and Fridays, so please ensure PE kits are in school on this day.
- Music lessons will also be on Wednesdays so violins must be in school on this day.
Please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the Year Four team if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.
Thank you for your time and support!
Mrs Jones, Miss Maw and Miss Hancock