Welcome to our page, all about Year Four.
We are really getting into the swing of things, now we’re in our fourth week of Year Four! We’ve already done some fabulous narrative and letter writing, we’ve learnt lots about place value and Roman Numerals, and we’ve become geographers and artists whilst learning all about our local area. We’ve even had our first school trip, which was a super success.
We are hoping to give you lots of updates on our page through the year, so please check back regularly to see what exciting things we’ve been up to!
· As a school, we are introducing a new way of learning spellings. The children will still have spellings to learn at home, but they won’t be from the ‘Super Spellers’ scheme. Every Friday a set of spellings will be stuck in the learning logs. There will be a pattern in the spellings which the children will have been introduced to during lessons in school. These will need to be practised at home as many times as possible during the week. They will then be tested on the following Friday. More importantly, the children will also be expected to use the spelling pattern accurately in their writing to demonstrate their understanding.
· Learning Logs will be signed on a Friday, it’s been great to see all the reading that’s been done at home recorded in them so keep up the good work.
· Homework will also be given out on Friday, usually it will be Maths and English, but we may assign some creative homework too. It will be due in the following Friday.
· PE lessons will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so please ensure PE kits are in school on these days.
· Music lessons will also be on Wednesdays so violins must be in school for this.
Please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the Year Four team if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.
Thank you for your time and support!
Mrs Adamson, Miss Ellis, Mrs Haycock, Mrs Jones, Mrs Bright and Mrs Simmonds.