Hello everyone and welcome to the Year 1 page! We just wanted to say how impressed we have been with how well all of your children have settled into Year One. They have been amazing and they have really got stuck into all of their learning.
Throughout the year we will keep this webpage updated so please check it regularly for any changes.
- Please read as much as possible with your child at home. Your child will receive a new book each week and it will be given out every Monday. All books need to be returned on a Thursday ready for the following Monday.
- Homework will be set on a Friday. This will include reading, spellings, handwriting and maths, which can be found on the 'Pupil Zone' on the website. If you click on the link and then click onto the 'Childrens' Secure Pages' and find the Year One page.
- PE is on a Friday with Miss Manning and Miss Hemming. Your child will need to come to school dressed in their PE kits and wearing suitable footwear.
- Please can you also ensure that all items of clothing are labelled, as we are finding lots of jumpers, cardigans and ties without names on each day. Please do keep checking them as they do rub off when they have been washed.
- Your child will need a named water bottle each day with only water in it please.
- A lot of the children are bringing big rucksacks into school each morning. Please bear this in mind, as we do have limited space in the cloakrooms and they do not fit into the book bag boxes in both classrooms. If you would still like your child to have rucksack then please can we request that it is a suitable size and shape to fit their reading book folder in each week. The PTFA have spent a lot of money funding these books and we would hate for any of them to get damaged or lost.
We understand that it is a bit more tricky to speak to us now but please do not hesitate to email us on the class emails if you wish to discuss anything or we can arrange to speak to you on the phone.
Mr Murday is the Key Stage One Phase Leader, so if you wish to speak to him then his email is:
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs Davies-Jones, Ms Taylor, Mrs Brindley and Mrs Emery