Hello everyone and welcome to the Year 1 page! We hope that you all had fantastic summers and have really enjoyed the first few weeks back. The children have settled in brilliantly and we have all enjoyed getting to know each other. Throughout the year we will keep this web page updated so please check it regularly for any changes.
- Words will be tested every Thursday and new words will be sent home on a Friday.
- Reading records will be checked and signed on a weekly basis. Please read as much as possible with your child at home and sign their diary so we can celebrate this with them.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday and will be due in the following week. Homework will be a maths activity, handwriting sheet, reading and spellings. On occasions we may send other activities home if we feel your child needs it.
- PE is on a Friday with Miss Manning and Miss Hemming. Please can all children bring a named PE kit and suitable footwear.
- Please can you also ensure that all items of clothing are labelled, as we are finding lots of jumpers, cardigans and ties without names on each day. Please do keep checking them as they do rub off when they have been washed.
Please don’t hesitate to come to speak to any of us at either the start of the day or at pick up. If you would like a longer conversation we can always book one in the diary. If you have put a message in your child’s red Learning Log then please ask your child to remember to hand it into us, as we do not check these books or book bags each day.
Thank you for your support.
Mrs Davies-Jones, Ms Taylor, Mrs Brindley, Mrs Harrison, Mrs Stephens and Mrs Senior
25.9.19 Oliver's Vegetables - Soup Making
We have had a great time learning all about the story of 'Oliver's Vegetables'. This story fits in really well with our new topic 'Time to Grow' and the children have been really interested in learning about how fruits and vegetables grow and where. We have even planted some seeds ourselves!
We then decided to make a delicious vegetable soup for the children to try. We used the vegetables out of the story and made the soup together in groups. The children couldn't wait to try it! Ask one of the Year One children how to make it. They've been very busy writing instructions for this!
10.10.19 Harvest Festival
Today we celebrated our Harvest Festival and we are so proud of all the children for learning their songs so well and for performing so brilliantly on the stage for their families. We really enjoyed making some oat biscuits for our visitors and it helped the children to understand why we have a Harvest Festival and why it is important to share and say thank you. We would like to thank you all for joining us for such a wonderful occasion and for contributing to our produce display. The items donated will now been given to a local food bank.