Welcome to Year 4!
The children have settled back into school brilliantly and are working so hard.
Well, what an exciting year we have in store for your children! We will be travelling in time from the Romans to the Saxons and finally The Industrial Revolution. We are thoroughly looking forward to this academic year and can't wait to share all of the wonderful learning opportunities we have planned with Year 4!
The Year 4 Team
Meet the Team:
- Miss Nash - Phase Leader
- Miss Anderson - Year 4 teacher
- Miss McCulloch - Year 4 teacher
- Mrs Stephens - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Bright - Teaching Assistant
- Miss Taylor - Teaching Assistant
If you require anything, please contact the school office: email@example.com
- PE: lessons will take place on Friday. Please ensure children have PE kits in school for those days.
- Homework: TT Rock Stars tournaments will be set every Monday and will run to Sunday evening of the same week. The children have chosen their own reading books from the library; please read regularly with the children at home.
- Music: in Year 4, the children are learning the violin and have been allocated an instrument. Our lessons are every Wednesday. Please make sure your child brings their violin into school on this day.
- Multiplication tables check: in June, all children in Year 4 will be taking a multiplication tables test online. This will test the children's recall of all tables up to 12.
- Library: Year 4 children can visit the library every Wednesday lunchtime.
Useful links for Home Learning:
Useful Links for Multiplication Tables Check
Curriculum in Year 4:
This term, we are travelling back to Ancient Rome to discover what life was like. Our learning will take us on an incredible journey as we study the infamous eruption of Mount Vesuvius; why the Roman Army was so successful; Julius Caesar's reign and explore how the Romans have influenced our lives today. In science, we will be exploring states of matter through practical investigations and research. We will study volcanoes of the world in geography and learn about the process of an eruption. We will create clay busts of key Roman figures such as the Boudicca and Emperor Hadrian in Art. In design and technology, we will be making an Italian pizza.
This term, we are really excited about embarking on our new learning! We will be studying the victories and perils of the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings - with a special visit from an Anglo-Saxon expert too! We will be building on our artistic knowledge and skills by exploring Anglo-Saxon printing. In science, we are learning all about the human digestive system and have some excellent investigations planned for the children to carry out. Our geography learning takes us across the United Kingdom, specifically the capital cities within it. We will be designing and making a treasure chest, revealing a glittering hoard in design technology and engaging in lots of other exciting learning throughout the wider curriculum. I'm sure you can see why we're very much looking forward to Spring Term in Year 4!